Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Less Than Original

Neeett surfers watch funny joke videos all the time, so I never feel like I bring anything new to the table when I post/send links to funny joke videos. If I had any sort of motivation to make videos they probably would not be very funny jokes, even if I laughed a lot to myself in the dark when I am all alone.

I really like outdated commercials though. Louie the Lightning Bug is not really outdated just awesome, and his songs are timeless and educationally relevant even to today's wired-up mobile-on-the-go-to-the-future kids. Not so relevant are hip-hop/rap-themed commercials made and starring guys who were obviously out of touch and irrelevant even when they were current.

This video combines the funny joke of rapping commercial with one of my other favorite things, Unfortunately Awkward Store Names. Gas stations are the kings of the bad names (eg, 'Kum & Go', 'Pump & Munch', 'Toot 'N Totem', etc), though I did used to run ads for an old guy small town appliance store called 'S&M Appliances'. Maybe they got the funny joke, maybe not. Anyway, check out this video for Moo and Oink:



It was all pretty straightforward in its weirdly comedic, excitable view of wanting different kinds of meat, until the prolonged 'Moooooooo and Oiiiiiink' squeal at the end.

I dont want to build up this next one too much, because I am sure it is a funny joke commercial staple and I dont want to sound like I discovered it. Its funny, and it keeps gettin funnier, every SINGLE TIME I SEE IT! NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOURE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY! NOW WHADDYOU THINK?!?!? You think I'm qualified?



Oh yeah: after I showed the above 'mini..... mmmall' video to my girlfriend she insisted that I find the eagle insurance commercials she remembers from the Chicagoland area. I was super impressed of course, and am jealous of anyone who is involved in the production of these excellent projects.



This isnt the best video quality of available Eagleman videos, but it is superior because it is obviously a later edit with a high quality egg-dumping animation, and the eagleman landing in traffic animation that comes at the end during the low-rate pitch. Completely worth it. Oh, and they obviously reshot the 'I've got something for you' to be less creepy. Compare and contrast at your leisure.

No comments: